Adamawa gets 1,166 Hajj seats in 2022 – Exec Sec pilgrims welfare commission

The executive secretary of Adamawa State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Commission, who is also a permanent secretary in the state civil service, Mal. Abubakar Salihu has disclosed that the state has been allocated 1,166 seats in the 2022 Hajj exercise.

Salihu who made the disclosure during a press conference in Yola on Tuesday, noted that Saudi Arabia has allocated a total of 43,008 Hajj seats to Nigeria.

The executive secretary who noted that the kingdom of Saudi Arabia has allocated 1,000,000 seats for the exercise across the globe, noted that 850,000 of the seats will come from outside the kingdom.

Salihu disclosed that Saudi Arabian authorities have put conditions for the conduct of the Hajj exercise noting that intending pilgrims must be immunized against COVID-19 pandemic, must present negative PCR results of 72 hours or less before departure from Nigeria and must be less that 65 years of age.

He noted that as a result of fall in the value of naira, rise in VAT from 5% to 15% and reintroduction of COVID-19 protocols, Hajj fare is expected to rise to N2,565,265.84k in 2022.

Salihu called on all those who deposited money to augment payment to the tune of N2,565,265 and wait for further information as the Hajj fare was not yet finalized.

The executive secretary said his commission is working hard to reduce the cost of accomodation while not compromising standards adding that the move will reduce the overall cost of the Hajj greatly.

He noted that 80% of the state slots will be given to those who rolled over from 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 in that order, “this means we will use the first come first serve system or the queuing system. The remaining 20% will be shared between the HSS, state government, sponsors and LGA sponsors.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here